Conditions of sale
- All EC-clients purchasing goods have to pay a buyer's premium of 24,2% (incl. all taxes) of the amount for which the item(s) has been knocked down. Non-EC-residents & EC-residents with a VAT-ID-number pay 20% in addition to the amount for which the item(s) has been knocked down. (Notification of VAT-ID-numbers must be given to the auctioneer prior to the sale). Successful live online bids will be charged with an extra surcharge of 5% on the hammer price. The auctioneer is not responsible for any failures or problems occurring at Invaluable.
- Payment is due within two weeks after receipt of the invoice (payment instructions on the invoice). Payment by Mastercard or Visa will be subject to an administrative surcharge of 3 %. Ownership only passes to the buyer when full payment has been received. Any costs caused by the buyer not complying with these conditions (e.g. collecting fees) will be chargeable to him.
- Each buyer is held to buy for his own account and can not claim any commission.
- The auctioneer has the right to withdraw lots from the sale, to unite or to divide lots.
- All goods are assumed to be complete and in good condition, unless otherwise stated. Minor defects, such as small stamps, tickets, labels, smaller inscriptions are in general not mentioned. All books are in 8°, unless another format is given.
- An estimate in Euro is given for every lot. Bidding starts at ±80% of the given estimate, unless a reserve was made, or two or more written bids are higher. Bids should reach the auctioneer 1 hour before a session of the auction starts, unless a buyer wants to participate in the sale by telephone. Bid increments: € 5 (0-80), €10 (80-200), € 20 (200-400), € 50 (400-800), € 100 (800-2000), etc. Deviant written bids (e.g. 51, 78, 115, 330, 480) will be changed (50, 75, 110, 320, 450). In case of two equal bids, the buyer is determined by drawing lots.
- Any item which does not meet the description in this catalogue, may be returned within two weeks after receipt. This guarantee does not cover lots of more than three books or prints, or lots indicated as "Sold w.a.f. (with all faults), not subject to return". If purchasers are prevented from attending the sale personally, the auctioneer will gladly undertake to execute their bids without any charge. Limitless bids are not accepted. Shipping and handling are at the expense of the buyer. Prints will be shipped unframed.
- Netherlands law shall govern the legal relations between the participants in the auction and Burgersdijk & Niermans. The Dutch text of these sale conditions is valid.